Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Moon & Stars





Moon & Stars Card

For this week’s project I wanted to use a couple of stamps that I have had for a while. The sentiment that I used was one of the very first stamps I bought from Viva Las Vegastamps! It reads, “We already have the moon. Let’s not ask for the stars.” It has always made me think of something from an old black and white movie, so I paired it with a stamp called Moon Lovers that shows a man and a woman embracing on a crescent moon.


To further add to my theme, I used a Tim Holtz filmstrip ribbon with my stamped image behind each cell. I wanted my card to look like a scene from the filmstrip coming to life. For my sentiment, I stamped with Versafine Ink on vellum so that you could see the starry background behind it. I put some Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder over it to make it stand out.


Please visit the Create & Craft blog where you can see my other projects and feel free to leave a comment to say hello. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Stampo said...

Supercalifragisticexpialadocious, Joe! And yes, Bette Davis uttered that memorable phrase in "Now Voyager".

Joe M said...

I figured it probably did come from a movie! ;-) I've seen that once, but it was a very long time ago. Had I remembered, I could have colored my lady blonde. :-)

Proxxon Tools said...

love it...

Jamie said...

I'm seeing stars and not just on your card. It seems each card you create is even more creative than the previous. Also this is your second time on the VLVS design team whichis awesome! :0)

Joe Rotella said...

Fantastic card!! It's always so cool how you pair sentiments and images...very, very nice!

Lyneen said...

WONDERFUL CARD!!!! LOVE the image and sentiment together... the film strip is PERFECT for this card!!!