Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Dream House Arch

It has been far too long since I've played with either of my favorite shapes - gothic arch and house - so this stamp just called to me when it arrived! :)  Luckily it arrived around the same time my arch die arrived for my Vagabond - so voila!  House art! 

Items used:  Whimsical House, Triangle Banner, Chevron Banner, Scowling Moon, and Alphabet used from Plate 1430

The background was colored using Tim Holtz Distress Stains, 3 shades of blue/green.  I took white acrylic paint and with a paper towel, dabbed in the clouds under the moon.  A bit of silver Distress Stain was added to the clouds.  From there, I stamped the banners in the background.  The house was actually stamped and trimmed from paper scraps.  Glitter was added to the house and to the trim of the arch.  Washi tape and sequins placed at the bottom.  "Dream House" was the final touch.

1 comment:

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful colors!