Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Steampunking!!!

My all time favorite stamps at Viva Las VegaStamps! is the wonderful collection of Steampunk. For my last post on this fantastic team I had to pull out some of my favorites! The Victorian Balloon, Flying ManSteampunk Warrior and Nesting Gears

Lately I have seen a lot of tunnel cards in magazines and online.  I thought all the flying Steampunk contraptions would look great in one.  Here you can see the Victorian BalloonFlying Man and Man in Flying Machine inside the tunnel card.  They are stamped on a transparency and heat embossed with Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder. zA hint of color was added with Copics.   

The tunnel card is four 5 x 6 inch pieces of card stock for the front and back.  The front is cut out to create a 1 inch frame. The sides are scored to create an accordion between the back and front. Miracle Tape was used to construct the card. 

The front and back were stamped repeatedly with the Nesting Gears.  Also on the front frame are the Fancy Vintage Key, Key 3/4 x 1 1/4, Steampunk Gothic and Steampunk Gear

Just inside the frame the Binocular Man is peering out of the frame, he was stamped on a transparency. On the outside of the frame is the Steampunk Warrior stamped on craft card stock. Both were heat embossed with Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder


If you look carefully you can see all the dimensions inside of the tunnel. Tunnel cards are fun to make, give one a try!

Viva Las Vegastamps! Supplies
Steampunk Gothic
Steampunk Warrior
Steampunk Gear
Miracle Tape
Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder

It has been great being a part of this team of amazing artists.  I hope you have been inspired!  I am looking forward to following new team and their inspiration projects!!!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

I love your Steampunk creation. Just stunning

Shirley said...

Absolutely fabulous! This is what I call going out with a bang!!! Great Job!

Stamped Impressions said...

Fabulous project!

Sandra Strait said...

Thank you for all your inspiration! You will be missed!

Jean Bullock said...

Very cool. I love tunnel cards.

Lyneen said...

Thanks everyone!!!! Love those VLVS!