Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Make N Take + Video

Hello friends!

I want to share two more things today... (check out the winner from our September Challenge earlier today!)

1) Our Free Demo from the weekend! Each month on the first Sunday I gather all my supplies and head down to The Crafting Place (On Russel by the airport) and we do a big make n take where everyone plays with my supplies and we create a tag. We always explore a new mixed media technique; paper, inks, mists, water, paints, stamping, etc.

For October I took it a bit towards the Spooky Halloween side and we did ... THIS:



This month I chose to demonstrate that it's ok to mix inks and mediums by different companies.. even MISTS (Yes, they all spray, but no, you don't have to ONLY use Tattered Angels or ONLY use Radiant Rains or ONLY use Mr. Hueys.) So we worked a while playing in the background which was created with Distress Stain (Wild Honey), Radiant Rains (Persimmon), Glimmer Mist (Sunflower) and Chalkboard Mist (Salmon) plus water. We then stamped on top with the new Kids in Costumes stamp, the new Spider on Web Line stamp and the French Writing stamp, as well as the recent Coffee Rings Stain stamp.


 It was finished with a little doodling using Sakura of America Microns, UmWowStudio BOO Flair and Bat Confetti Chipboard and thread.

2) I also want to share a video that shows the new stamps in wood form and shows them physically rather than just a digital image:

-

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Tag! I love that background.

Tera Callihan said...

Love your tag demo