Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mermaid love!

Hi there Glenda here with a new prompt from over at the A Year in the Life of an Art Journal and here it is:

PROMPT: Wicked
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug in a Dark setting.
BOOKERS: Remember that Wicked Witch of the East, and her striped stockings? Get painting! Stripe those pages up. http://pinterest.com/pin/57702438946925014/

When I saw the journal prompt was about painting stripes I was inspired to paint monochromatic stripes in blues which inspired this art journal page about mermaids! I have loved mermaids ever since I was little and love this 2 page spread using the fabulous mermaid stamps by Viva Las VegaStamps! (how gorgeous are they??)

 I put a bow in the hair of this fabulous Mermaid 2 x 3 1/2
 and I love this Mermaid lying down
 and the lovely Mermaid 2 x 3
 and I used gold embossing powder for the Bullseye stamp
 as well as the Star pin
 and I love how shiny they look! Here is a list of the other stamps I used as well:

Row of stars
6 hexagon background
Number strip
Washi lines background

I hope you enjoyed my art journal spread and have a great day!

1 comment:

Sandra Strait said...

Innovative use of the challenge theme!