Wednesday, October 02, 2013

October Challenge Inspiration {A Spooktacular Layout}

Hello, it's Amy here today, to share a layout I created using October's fabulous challenge. I love the beautiful crisp days of October, that bring the color and spookiness I'm just so intrigued by, so this challenge rocked my world! Have a look at the project I created:
Viva Las Vegastamps offers SO many great stamps for the Halloween season, that also extends to the zombie and alien enthusiast, and so much more! So, I tried to add as many of these that relate to the challenge, to this layout. It was a challenge within a challenge! 
The first bit of inspo I grabbed, was the spider web, in the top corner. I used the Jagged Chain Link Fence stamp all around the edges, to create that webbed effect. 
 I used the circles in the Biohazard Symbol on the challenge image, and added them in ink on my page. I didn't have a biohazard stamp, but I did have the Radioactive stamp, so I added it in two separate parts. The word is right along the photo, and the symbol is in the top right corner.
 The fence in the challenge picture is so cool, so I made one using torn papers, and then stamped over the top with the legs/feet of the 1 3/4x4 skeleton. A fence made of bones? Extra creep! I also added a sign on the fence, that's using a portion of the Area 51 Warning, and the Chain Links stamps.  The raven in the challenge picture is represented by the UmWowStudio flair raven, that is pulling along the "Nevermore" stamped sentiment. (The writer of that sentiment, Edgar Allan Poe, is also featured on this page.)
There are so many possibilities with this challenge! What will YOU create? I promise your mind will be spinning with inspiration when you put your stamps to the page, using this challenge! I hope I offered a little inspiration, too! So get to work, and link up! I'll be celebrating your spooky creation, and doing an inky dance when I see your work! 

Happy October and Halloween!
~Amy
Supply List:
Viva Las VegaStamps! Used: 
 Jagged Chain Link Fence,  Area 51 Warning, Chain Links,"Nevermore", Poe, Radioactive stamp,
Star Pin,  Apocalypse, bullet hole , coffee ring stain
Other Supplies: 12x12 Paper: Tim Holtz French Market; Chipboard: (layered stars, layered circles, arrow, chevrons), Flair: UmWowStudio; Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, Authentique, My Mind's Eye; Alphas: October Afternoon, Heidi Swapp.

 

2 comments:

by belle said...

Fantastic inspiration Amy!!

Sandra Strait said...

Eerily awesome!