Thursday, October 17, 2013

Quoth the Raven........

Hello stampers! It's Amy here today, to share a page from a mixed media mini album I've been working on, featuring Gothic poems. This has been a fun book to work on through the Halloween season.
dsc_0047
I started with a Genuinely Jane Studios wood mini album page, shaped like a church window. First, I layered papers, starting with a scrap of 7 Dots Studio messy head paper, and then some vintage book pages. I just adhered them with quick drying adhesive. dsc_0037 After the papers were layered up, I painted on a light layer of Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft gesso, just blending to the edges of the papers. After drying the gesso, I stamped the Man In The Moon stamp in the left corner, and added some Ultra High Gloss Embossing Powder, and heated it until dry. Then, to blend it into the page, I added another light layer of gesso. Flicks of Plaid Folk Art paint in Metallic Gold, and black Mix'd Media Inx re-inker gave a nice twist....like the drips from a fountain pen....Poe's pen, perhaps?
dsc_0039 Next I added some papers from Graphic 45's "Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe" collection....which were perfect for this theme, and stamped the amazing (and my go to stamp for nearly everything)Worn Clockface using Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee; as well as one of my other faves the Coffee Ring Stain stamp, in Momento Tuxedo Black ink. dsc_0040 All that remained to be done, was to do a little stampy embellishing. This included using the Moon Circle stamp (stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black, onto a vintage book page)to tuck in front of the larger "mama" moon, and the "Nevermore" stamp onto a library card, which I cut out. I also added a bit of stamping to the UmWowStudio chipboard stars, using the moon stamp on the top left star, and the Star Pin stamp (that fits PERFECTLY) onto the bottom right star. Just a few metal embellishments (random from my stash), and some thread topped it off.
Here's a peek at the cover to this mini, featuring the Poe stamp, among a few other great Viva Las VegaStamps! featured on the page today.PoeMs, FULL, ALLassiter I think I ended up with a page Poe would be intrigued by...and hopefully inspired you to grab your stamps, and get to creating! Thanks so much for having a look today, and don't forget we have a SUPER October Challenge up, that you could use some of the stamps featured today on! :) ~Love, Amy www.sparklinggnome.com

3 comments:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Wow - this is amazing... I would love to read from this beauty everyday. Gorgeous mixed-media goodness!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks SO much, Susan! Considering you inspire me so much with your talent, this means SO much to me.

Sandra Strait said...

'Poe'-etically perfect!