Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Vintage Halloween

 
Good Morning !! Karen with you again..
 
 When I first saw this Halloween Image it screamed old vintage post card type picture to me. So I've decided to make my annual Halloween tag using it.
 
 
 Even though we don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, I still like to make myself a little something spooky every year.
 
 
 I started off with two tags, 1 size #10 and 1 #8.  I inked them using  Tim Holtz walnut stain Distress Ink, Flicked a bit of water on them, and got out my trusty sewing machine and stitched a border around them both.  I then stamped the #10 to make a background using :
 
 
 
If you have a go at doing a background like this, don't worry if it looks messy, you will end up covering it up.
 
I then started on the smaller tag:
 
I began the smaller tag with the Coffee ring stain stamp, stamped  randomly around the tag, As  wanted the smaller tag to have my main focal image , I then stamped the Kids with Giant Jack-O-Lantern and Vampires and Witches  in t the middle of the tag, and added in a bit of colour using my Tim Holtz Distress Markers. I wanted the jack-o-lantern to look like it was glowing so I gave the edges of the tag another ink, just to darken them up a bit.
 
The little Row of Jack-o-lanterns Stamp was just sitting on my desk staring at me. It's just to cute, so I decided to stamp them on a spare bit of card stock, partially fussy cut them out and add some stitching to them, to add in as a border at the bottom.
 
 
The last thing to do was to layer them all on top of each other, I used mounting tape to mount the smaller tag in the middle of the larger tag  and the row of pumpkins underneath the tag- see no more messy background :)  
 
 
 
So there you have it.. my own little piece of Halloween to sit on my desk.. I hope you have a wonderful day, and look forward to seeing you all again soon.
 
Happy Haunting! - Karen
Row Of Jack-o-Lanterns Silhouettes 3/4 x 3 3/4
 

 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

by belle said...

Karen! This is spooktacular!!

Tera Callihan said...

This is such a cute tag!

Chark said...

love the little pumpkin border!