Wednesday, February 12, 2014

To The Circus.

Hello, Mary here, with a sweet and simple card today.
 
I absolutely fell in LOVE with this adorable Whimsical Elephant image when I saw it!  I knew instantly that I just had to color her up :-)
 
So, that's just what I did!
 
I started by stamping her onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White cardstock with Memento ink in Tuxedo Black, and proceeded to add some Copic color in a teal and red color combo.
 
 
I love how the brightness of the image just pops against the white of the paper!
 


To add a bit more interest to my background, I stamped the same Whimsical Elephant stamp through a circle mask!  You'd never know those polka dots came from the same stamp, eh?!!?
 
I decided to add only minimal color around the dots to keep them looking very much like I doodled them on.
 
A bit of stitched on vellum and a few sequins for sparkle, and she is complete and ready to brighten the day of someone special.




Ok guys, that's it for me!!  I hope you have a fabulously crafty day!!
 
xx Mary

4 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

My favorite stamp! I love the way you've colored it!

Chark said...

gorgeous coloring!

Susan Paul said...

Stunning!!

Karenladd said...

Whoa!! I need to check this one out!