Thursday, January 29, 2015

Brilliant Banksy!

I just love Banksy street art so it was a no brainer that when the Viva Las VegaStamps! Banksy stamps were released I just had to have them!!  Banksy is an English graffiti artist,  political activist, film director, and painter.  His street art usually contains dark humour and graffiti and is usually done using a stenciling technique. Banksy displays his art on publicly visible surfaces such as walls and self-built physical prop pieces.   I find that these stamps are perfect for art journaling and ATC's and it's fun to try to create a background that showcases the images. 

I made 3 ATC's using the Banksy stamps, here is the first one

 using Banksy shopping Jesus on cross, crime scene tape, french writing background and the bubblewrap texture stamp.

Here is the next ATC

and I tried to make a more grungy street style background, almost like concrete.  I used the Banksy swinging girl, one way small, radioactive and biohazard.

Last but not least I had a lot of fun with this one
I used eat the rich, Banksy winged mohawk guy, apocalypse and pin through paper.

I hope you enjoyed my trio of Banksy ATC's and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ATC's. Love them all !
Corrie x

by belle said...

Awesome ATC's!