Saturday, March 28, 2015

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.

Hello!  It's Mary here, with a simple altered book to share today.

I found a naked book in a bargain bin at a local big box shop, and I immediately knew it was just begging for a little VLVS! stampy love.

Here's a peek at the finished cover before I get into the 'how' and the 'to'.


I began by stamping the Boy In Cape, Whimsical Clouds and the Get Cape Wear Cape Fly sentiment image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  

One of my favorite ways to get the most out of my stamps is to cut them apart.  The sentiment image was a single stamp, but after cutting it apart, I've got a trio of stamps ready to rock my projects!  No damage done and now I've tripled my stamping power.


Next, I've used an assortment of Copic markers to colorize my scene!  A few shades of yellow and a touch of pink lends itself to a lovely sunrise/sunset.  And as an AZ girl, I know sunsets.


Finally, I've dabbed on a smidge of glitter glue---well, maybe more than just a smidge!


And now, I've got a journal ready for my lists.  Because I'm a list maker.

It's what I do.

Now, go grab your favorite rubber goodness and get to stampin'!!

Mary



2 comments:

Kristen said...

Love it! Now I want to fly!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your altered book, Mary !
Corrie x