Thursday, April 16, 2015

When the moon is full...

Hello everyone,

Today I have a postcard for you. It might give you some inspiration to play along with our challenge  this month. Here it is:


This postcard was started with a piece of white card stock measuring 6" x 4". I painted it around the edges with a pinky/purply colour from a kids water colour set.  Next I glued a dictionary page over the top of it with gel medium. I pulled some bits off,  so the pink from the original card was visible again. I distressed the edges of the card with my scissors (I do not own one of those distressing tools) and aged it slightly with a blending tool and Distress Ink, I used Walnut Stain. 
Next I punches some circles and coloured them, cut them in half and adhered them to the card. I then put a stencil over it and drew the stars. I just went around the stars with a pen and then filled them in. 
 Next I did a bit of background stamping and I thought that nicely finished off the background. The moon was stamped next; once on the card and once on white paper. I cut out just the moon from the white paper and glued it on the moon on the card. I used another bit of white paper and a punch to create the scallops and the black and white check was done with a fineliner. The last thing I did was stamp the lovely fairy, colour her and age her as well with the same distress ink so she was not too bright. I glued her on the checkered border and that was that ! 

I used the following stamps :

18415 - Large fairy lady from plate 1367

This is the inspiration board that the card is based on:


I used the following elements: 
dictionary - script - stars - moon - checker - tan - distressed - old - pink - scallops - half circles 

Why not play along this month and win yourself some lovely rubber ! 

Thanks for stopping by today ! 

Corrie x 




No comments: