Thursday, March 31, 2016

Reminiscing ...

Hi everyone, I wanted to share with you a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card I made using a stamp you may not have seen before, or at least not for a while : this adorable angel pigs stamp, which contains two pigs. Seriously how adorable are they :)


 I think the pigs are looking very thoughtful, sitting up there in the clouds with their angel status ....  reminiscing perhaps about the past, about the days of rolling, frolicking and cavorting in the mud. Here is a close up of one of the piggies, so you can see how I reached my conclusion : 


The background is stenciled and I used water soluble powders to color it. The clouds are hand cut and I used a cloud die. I lightly sponged the edges in gray and layered them. The pigs are stamped in black ink and colored with alcohol markers. I fussy cut them and cut off the wings. Then I stamped the pigs again in grey ink, fussy cut and glittered them. I attached and glued everything together.

I thought this might be a great card for sending to someone to let them know you are thinking of them, they are certainly unique and memorable images :) Angel Pigs 4794

Nikki x




4 comments:

Carol said...

Great fun card - Love it x

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

What an awesome card!!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fab project Nikki !
Corrie x

ionabunny said...

Love those pigs. Hugz