Wednesday, August 31, 2016

a little ***sparkle***




hi there everyone :-)))

Kassa here (Kassa Hayselden)

tis my 1st post, i'm here till Christmastime, filling in a spot that's come spare for a couple or 3 months eeeeep!

and what better way to start than to colorise this cheeky beauty designed by the uber talented Leslie Wood'Creepy Fairy Walking Dog' (it just tickles me pink and makes me soooo happy coloring quirky designs like this one)

i had to pop the 'fairy' with the awesome 'Everywhere She Went' text quote - fairy dust 'n' sparkle 'n' all that...

also i used 3 stamps in my background that i just know will be out on my work top forever cos they are just the kinda stamps necessary for my kinda backgrounds - i was excited to get my hands on 'em, the scribbly scalloped border is 'Doodle Frame', random dots were created with 'Doodle Dots' and the tiny circles dotted here 'n' there is 'Design Open Circles


so i used my coloring pencils to build up layers and layers of lush color - my Faber Castell Polychromos & Caran d'Ache Pablo pencils - i always finish off with marker pens for that extra 'PoP'


the background color is mainly from the Tim Holtz Distress range, distress paints, distress mini stencil and Ranger Ink texture paste.  i added the background stamping with the VLVS randomly here and there to create a balance around the fairy and text quote (which btw i stamped onto old book page)


lastly i added splats, drips and the 'sparkly glitter' aka Stickles...

i'm soooo happy with this magical, sparkly cover for my Micro Journal, tis full of fun, color and happy art....

thanks for stopping by today, you can leave me some love if ya likes and if you want to find more of my 'Happy Art' here's where to look...

instagram - where i post the most :-)))
facebook - where i post frequently...
blog - where i post infrequently 'tut, tut, tut lol'

Mwah Kassa xoxo

11 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

Fabulous gorgeousness! Love the colors especially. So happy to see you here for a bit!!
~kim

Sandy said...

How cool is your page. The fairy is gorgeous just love the way you coloured him and your page is fabulous.

Nikki said...

Amazing colouring this looks wonderful

Joanne said...

You never cease to amaze me I can't stop looking at this incredible creation xx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, this is simply magical! Jo x

Star7 said...

That is Fun with a capital F. The color splash gives me a tingle. I'm new to you but with just one touch I could be hooked. Thanks for sharing the goodness. I appreciate the joyous vibe.

Star7 said...

That is Fun with a capital F. The color splash gives me a tingle. I'm new to you but with just one touch I could be hooked. Thanks for sharing the goodness. I appreciate the joyous vibe.

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous as always Karen ! Mwah! xoxo

Gems Inky antics said...

I love this so much. The stamp is so much fun. And colours are amazing!
Mwah xoxo

Cheetarah said...

beautiful colors! they definitely do POP!

by belle said...

STUNNING colors! I love this!