Hi Everyone, it's Cheetarah here and I have this colorful and whimsical journal page I'd like to share with you today.
I really love Mary Vogel Lozinak's whimsical designs and this fairy lady I used is so fun! It's a step-out tutorial, so take a cup of your fave drink, come back, relax and read along here :) As always a full list of stamps and materials used is at the bottom of the post.
1) From my scrap box I took a piece of paper to work on. It had some texture on it already by me wiping off some excess modeling paste through a few stencils. With some gesso I created an even coating on the page and trimmed it to postcard size for my "index card size" Art journal.
2) To add a base color I have used some Paper Artsy Fresco Paints with a brush. Apply until your satisfied with the saturation and color combo.
3) Now for some "magic" - I have made some sprays with Lindy's Magical Hi Maintenance Magenta and Magical Shaker Guten Tag Teal and used these on the painted card. The teal on one end and the magenta on the other, sprayed with water and mixed until I was satisfied. The page has a nice shimmer over it now. Teal and magenta is definitely one of my fave color combo's.
4) Let's do some stamping! I've used some yummy mixed media stamps, some of my current faves. Stamped with these permanent ink pads from Staz-On to add some texture and interest to the back ground.
5) Focal Image placements: I wanted to use the Fairy lady as a focal point and have stamped her and the sentiment on empty tea bags. This was a tip from a friend of mine, it behaves just like tissue paper but is sturdier to handle and less wrinkly when applying. LOVED this tip, so I am paying it forward! I also stamped the coffee rings stamp as a "tether" for the Fairy to be placed upon.
6) After adhering the images with a bit of gloss varnish, I found the images disappeared too much into the background. Time to make them stand out! I stamped the fairy on sticker paper and the sentiment on a piece of scrap paper left over from my last art journal page. The color of that suits this page perfectly. I also created a border with Distress Crayon Chipped Sapphire and distress stain in antique bronze.
7) I colored the fairy with letraset pro markers which are alcohol based, fussy cut and adhered her to the page. It's a good thing she was already adhered with the tissue papers as all the little details were now also there. I gave her some highlights with a white gel pen and the rings some dimension with the water soluble pencils and turned them into bubbles. Adhered the sentiment with Miracle tape, added some spatters with the bronze distress stains and called it done!
I'm really happy how it looks in my little pocket postcard sized journal.
A close up shot of the finished page. And I definitely agree with that sentiment!!
Also please come join our VLVS! Groupies on Facebook if you're not already there. We're having monthly swaps and we would love it if you would join us :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stamps used from VLVS!:
Whimsical Fairy Lady 2 by Mary Vogel Lozinak
Wire Rings by Cat Kerr
Crafter's Workshop Fluffy Modeling paste
Claudine Helmut's Studio gesso
Paper Artsy Fresco paint; Hint of mint, Captain peacock, Squid ink, Sugar Plum
Lindy's Magical Hi Maintenance Magenta and Magical Shaker Guten Tag Teal
Staz-On inks: Cherry Pink, Royal Purple, Midnight Blue, Vibrant Violet
Letraset Pro markers (alcohol markers)
White gel pen
Stabilo Marks All pencils in blue and white
Pentel Water Brush
Zig Wink of Stella clear
Distress Crayon Chipped Sapphire
Distress stain in antique bronze