Saturday, December 30, 2017

Delight in the Little Things by Cheetarah


Hi all, it's Cheetarah here with my last post as part of the DT this term. It has truly been a blast! I've got a little ATC to share made with wonderful stamps from VLVS! and watercolors. I have used this gorgeous Whimsical Star Girl in frame by Mary Vogel Lozinak as focal point. She is the perfect size for an ATC. 


I started out by stamping her onto watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black and colored her in with watercolors. I used different brands but started off the basic set colors from Sennelier which you can see on the right. I found that using watercolors to color a block stamp like this (where there is a lot of detail in the stamp) you can really make the image pop!

Here is a side by side of the stamped image and the water colored image next to it. What a transformation, right? A few tips to this technique: Make sure you work on thick (preferably a cotton blend) water color paper; Stamp your image lightly, let it dry completely before applying color and use a small #1 of #0 round brush for the details. Just let the water and color do it's magic!

I die cut the ATC with my nesting die and added some gold accents to it with a marker. Then stamped "Delight in the Little Things" on the top and bottom of the image. 


I have put it in a protective sleeve and it's on a shelf above my desk as an inspiration card to remind me to delight in the little things as they matter most. 

Stamps used: 

As I said at the beginning, it's my last post for the DT this term, as next year I am doing a new studies so don't have much time for many other things, sadly. Designing for VLVS! this year past has absolutely been amazing, was honored to be a part of it! Hope you liked the projects I shared with you as much as I enjoyed making them. 

With this I am wishing you all a wonderful 2018 with delightful cherished little moments filled with joy and happiness. 

Best wishes!

2 comments:

Sharon Foulk said...

Cheetarah! I will miss you and your contributions to the DT! I always loved your posts and learned a lot from you! Thanks for all you did and all the best to you in your new studies! I will keep my eye out for you and your work on the net. I'm sure you will still be doing creative things. Here's to a fantastic year!

Cheetarah said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment Sharon, I really appreciate it :) Have a wonderful new year as well <3 xo Cheetarah