Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Welcome to the MIDWAY!!! Taking a Little Field Trip to the Carnival...


Welcome to Viva Las Vegastamps! Susan here today to bring you take you on a trip to the Carnival. I've spent the last couple weeks taking some workshops in my free time and learning some new things and replenishing my inspiration before heading into the busy holiday crafting season. Today's project uses a couple of fun techniques I picked up at the Creative Chemistry 102 classes last week. I'm totally stuck in all things Halloween - but the current "CARNIVAL" challenge #145 at Drunken Stampers Challenges had me running for the bright bold colors and my new plate #949 of carnival stamps.


Firstly - I took an A2 piece of Kromecote Glossy Cardstock and painted with an assortment of Ranger Alcohol inks and Silver Metallic Mixative using Monoprinting technique. Dripping the metallic along with several colors of ink on the craft mat, then add a little blending solution - then swipe the paper into the colors until it's covered as desired. 


It makes a stunning marbled background. I have a very natural colored variation
also from the ink cleanup... no waste of precious ink here!


The final step is to stamp in the scene using Ranger Black Archival Ink and heatset.
I finished the edges with some Seedless Preserves and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


For this background paper - I applied the stamping resist technique using Antique Linen Distress Paint. I daubed gently the paint across the stamp, then applied to the patterned paper, then set aside to dry.


Then using an ink blending tool, I blended in several colors of Ranger Distress Inks -
including my hands-down favorite... Seedless Preserves!!!


Lastly, using a damp papertowel - I gently swiped the color off of the painted stamp pattern.
Miracle Tape made this card assemble a snap to showcase these awesome results!

Welcome to the MIDWAY!!!


The finishing touch was to add some Diamond Glaze Dimensional adhesive to the Shoes Hanging from Wire #19194 to make them "POP". I overstamped the Circus Strongman #19189; filling in the missing section of barbell using ink blending tool and seedless preserves ink through a matching sized circle on my circle stencil.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Viva Las Vegastamps! used: Stamps from plate 949 - "The Midway" #19201, Zoltar Machine #19191, Bulls Eye Target Open # 19193, Spinning Swing Ride #19203, Circus Strongman #19189, Shoes Hanging from Wire #19194, Bulls Eye Target Solid #19196; also Triangle Banner #19043Chevron Banner #19042; and Harlequin Diamond Background #18920. Supplies used: Kromecote cardstock; various Ranger Alcohol inks and silver metallic mixative; various Ranger Distress Inks; Ranger Black Archival Ink; Antique Linen Ranger Distress Paint; Miracle Tape, Diamond Glaze Dimensional adhesive; Circle Stencil and Patterned Cardstock Scraps for card base.


Thanks so much for dropping by. I invite you to play along with the monthly challenge - make a creation using the inspiration and your stash of VLVS! stamps... you could win! CLICK HERE for challenge details. Also, you definitely want to subscribe to the blog feed and to the Viva Las VegaStamps! newsletter to be IN THE KNOW of everything going on at the Viva Las Vegastamps! store. There's so much amazing inky inspiration to see!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. I'll be back soon with another stamping adventure!  Sb

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Wow what an awesome card, fabulous background and great tutorial. Those stamps are perfect. what a gorgeous piece of work. Thanks for playing along with us at the Drunken Stampers for the Carnival challenge.

Squiddy said...

Just hope those shoes have decent laces.. if they rot, the Strongman might be suddenly weak. Love it all.

Donna said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with the "Carnival" challenge this week at Drunken Stampers!!

Sandra Strait said...

Oh, I'm still working my way through Creative Chemistry 101. But Tim hasn't done anything nearly as cool as this!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Thanks ladies! Squiddy... I agree strongman might need a helmet and quick! Sandra... I too was MIA from CC101 {I'm a dropout}.

Tera Callihan said...

Love these background colors!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am seriously in love with all that inky goodness! Thanks so much for coming to play at Drunken Stampers this week :)

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! This is some serious inky goodness! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

Lindsey said...

Serious brilliance going on here -- don't know why you'd _need_ to take CC101! Awesome card. So glad you joined us at Drunken Stampers this week!